A few blogs I follow do this each week, I figured I’d give it a whirl.
1. Spring cleaning is in full force. Sorting, organizing, selling, scrubbing, donating, and tossing non-stop all week. Very productive! Waiting for a few people to come by and purchase some items – the amount of no-shows is disappointing. People lack manners these days. Will continue listing items throughout the weekend though.
2. Cleaning my home office, going through a pile of bills/mail, and I found an old Christmas card from my mother in law. Inside was a crisp $100! I don’t even remember receiving this, the card was sealed! A great unexpected treat.
3. We went window shopping for a refrigerator, but haven’t found a suitable replacement yet. We did, however, find a new washer and dryer set. Brand new! They were originally $1800 for the set. We paid $400. Always check those clearance aisles!! Apparently they were ordered and returned by a customer, never even opened, and the store doesn’t carry this particular model. Since they were special orders, they go into non-stock clearance. They are being delivered today. The best part is that we can sell our current set for more than we paid for the new set! Buying these new appliances puts about $300 in our pockets once our “old” set sells!
4. Beautiful weather. I prefer cold, wintry, snowy weather, which never happens down here. But these spring-like temps have been quite nice for once. As soon as the little one goes down for a nap, I can tackle painting the front door.
5. I’m 99% sure our renter (family member) has secured a new place to live. This means we could have our old home on the market by late spring/early summer! Fingers crossed! I’d be so happy to get rid of this headache once and for all.
Hope you all have a great weekend! I’ll be back next week with my end of the month debt and savings update.