I picked up my third batch from the food co-op a friend invited me to participate in this month. I paid $50 for the entire month of September and pick up once a week. Works out to be $12.50 per load.
This is by far the biggest load I’ve received. And while a lot of it won’t be used by us, none of it will go to waste. I had four different friends and family members stop by to “shop” my dining room table and they all left with overflowing boxes! I have a few items left that no one cared for (berry Pepsi anyone? ew lol. beef base?), and we’d like to find a shelter or somewhere local to donate to.
- Aunt Jemima Pancake Mix x 8 Boxes (gave away 7 boxes)
- Captain Crunch All Berries Cereal x 4 Sm. Boxes (kept 2)
- Pom Pomegranate Blueberry Juice x 2 Bottles (gave away)
- Pepsi with a Splash of Blueberry Juice x 2 8pks (not keeping)
- Gatorade Zero Strawberry Kiwi x 16 Bottles (kept)
- Blueberry Yogurt Nutmilk x 6 Bottles (gave away)
- Quaker Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars x 4 Boxes (kept 2)
- Beef Base x 2 Sm. Containers (not keeping)
- Nestle Carnation Evaporated Lactose-Free Milk x 5 Sm. Bottles (kept)
- Quaker Original Instant Oatmeal x 4 Boxes (kept)
- Quaker Cheddar Rice Crisps x 4 Bags (gave away – kids hated them, boo!)
- Lipton Peach Iced Tea x 8 Sm. Bottles (gave away)
- Giant Green Bell Peppers x 10 ! (kept 4)
- Arnold Whole Wheat Hot Dog Buns x 1pk (gave away)
- Ball Park Hot Dog Buns x 1pk (trashed, these were smooshed and torn open)
- Thomas English Muffins Plain x 1pk (gave away)
- Thomas English Muffins Blueberry x 1pk (gave away)
- Publix Plain English Muffins x 1pk (gave away)
- Arnold Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns x 1pk (gave away)
- Arnold Organic Wheat Bread x 1 loaf (gave away)
- Arnold Jewish Rye Bread x 1 loaf (gave away)
- Cheetos Baked x 31 Sm. Bags (kept 20)
- 1lb Publix Mild Ground Pork Sausage x 4 (kept)
Once again, well worth $12.50, but not particularly items we use or would need so much of. Someone snagged the English muffins and a loaf of bread I meant to keep, but that was my fault. Forgot to put them away! Overall I’m more than happy with it all, and I know our friends and family appreciate the goodies.
Next week is my last load for September. I haven’t been invited to participate in October, not sure I would if asked. I seem to be getting a lot of repeat items, especially things I cannot use. Such as the yogurt nut milks, oatmeal oatmeal oatmeal, and a million boxes of pancake mix lol. My main disappointment is that I was expecting more produce with this co-op (based on friends info.) The green peppers this week are incredible, and much better than the moldy cabbage from last week, but I’d love more variety. I think the leader that picks up the orders and sorts them between three takes first picks, so I may just be missing out on some things. Which is fine! I still get my moneys worth.
We have a busy weekend ahead of us. A wedding ($100 cash gift), a birthday party ($19 Lego gift), and Monday we have another electrician coming out to quote a ceiling fan install (budget?!?!). Fingers crossed the latter works out! We’ve had 3 out already and each one told us “nope!” – thanks to our 22ft ceiling. I cannot wait to move and downsize. I sure do hate these vaulted ceilings. DH could handle a fan install no problem on a normal ceiling height! But 22ft is a big fat no from me!